RAZR V3 Flashing & Flexing Guide
Program used - Motorola PST MultiFlashFlex
Flash - This is the software that controls the hardware part of the phone. By a flash update, you might be able to see the improvemets in quality of camera, navigating speed, signal strength as well as fixing bugs. By default, flash (reflash) file contains a language pack, and it will not touch the personal settings on your phone since it doesn't contain a flex part of the phone. Flash file extension for RAZR V3 is shx.
Flex - The flex contains all the system files and the seems. With a new flex update, you could gain new features, ringtones, java games/apps, wallpapers, and get rid of provider brandings, etc. Flex file extension for RAZR V3 is hs. You will lose personal settings such as contacts when you flex your phone. Make sure to backup before flexing.
Monster Pack - All in one package that contains flash file, flex, and language pack.
You will use the same steps for flashing your phone with Monster pack, Flash (Reflash) file, and Language pack. Time takes to flash with Monster pack is about 10 minutes, and for Flash file and Language pack, it will take about 1 minute for each process.
1. Open MultiFlashFlex program stored in PST folder on your pc.
2. Make sure that your phone is properly connected. Look in the Device column in the bottom of the window. You should see "Motorola Phone [V3]" and Status column will show your phone "Connected...".
3. In the Flash Setup section, check the Enable Flash box and press the Browse button to locate the flash file.
4. In the preferences section, make sure to check the "Override existing phone software even if it is newer than the superfile software", "Master Clear phones after flexing", and "Master Reset phones after flexing" boxes. For reflashing with Reflash file and Language pack, "Master Clear..." and "Master Reset..." don't need to be checked. However, leaving them checked still won't touch the flex part of your phone either.
5. Now, you're ready to start. Once you click "Start" button, you will see the progress status in the Status section. Your phone will go into a bootloader status. Do NOT touch anything from this point and just wait.
6. Once flashing process has been completed, you will see the "Successful FLASH!..." in the Result column.
7. At this point, it's safe to close the program and disconnect your phone. You will find your phone turned off. Restart your phone. Now you have a new firmware and/or language pack installed on your phone.Flexing
The only difference is the step 3 for flexing. This time, you should check the Enable Flex box in the Flex Setup section instead. And press the Browse button to locate the flex file. Flexing process with Motorola PST MultiFlashFlex will take about 20 minutes.
Make sure to check the "Override existing phone software even if it is newer than the superfile software", "Master Clear phones after flexing", and "Master Reset phones after flexing" boxes in the preferences section.
When you're flexing your phone with a Custom Flex, do Master Clear & Master Reset on your phone before flexing, and leave "Mater Clear phones after flexing", and "Master Reset phones after flexing" options unchecked in the Preferences section.